- Sure Foods Living – gluten-free and allergen-free living - http://surefoodsliving.com -

Nut allergy passed in blood transfusion

It was reported in the UK that an 80-year old woman went into anaphylactic shock after receiving blood from a 19-year old woman with a severe peanut allergy. She ate a muffin with peanut butter in it 2 days after the blood transfusion. Doctors are now considering whether donors need to be screened for food allergies.
For more details, read the news article.

To learn more about food allergies, read

Be Sociable, Share!