Product Review: Tinkyada Pasta JOYPosted on May 4th, 2007 by Alison ADD A COMMENT »
Rice pasta by Tinkyada:
- Ingredients: brown rice, rice bran and water
- Comes in organic varieties
- Requires rinsing with cold water
- Takes about 15 minutes to cook
Yes, Pasta Joy is really what they call their pasta! If you can’t eat wheat and are looking for a pasta replacement, look no further than Tinkyada. This 100% rice pasta tastes great, has a good texture and comes in a variety of pasta shapes.
Tinkyada rice pasta, made in Canada, strives to be like a wheat pasta and succeeds. Its texture allows for replacement in any pasta recipe. And because Tinkyada comes in so many shapes, you can replicate any of your old favorites. Shapes include spaghetti, fetuccini, lasagna, shells, penne, spirals, fusilli, elbows, and little dreams — a kids’ favorite!
What I like:
- It tastes good
- The texture is like wheat pasta and does not get mushy
- It comes in many shapes
What I don’t like:
- I can’t easily find the variety of shapes in stores – there is a spinach fettucini I had once and never found again!
Where to buy:
I buy it in Whole Foods, or other natural foods stores. You can buy it online in my Amazon gluten-free store.