Energy bars, nutrition bars, granola bars, trail bars – everyone is crazy about bars! They are a great on-the-go snack for adults and kids, but what about people with gluten intolerance and/or food allergies? Many energy bars contain wheat flour, commercial oats or barley malt, so they are not gluten-free. Many contain nuts, peanuts, dairy, soy, or even egg, making them off-limits for people with these allergies. Instead of wading through the bar world on your own, let me help you! Here are some gluten-free bars, that are free of other allergens as well:
- LaraBars – a blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices
- “LÄRABAR is completely gluten-free, which we confirm with Gliadin testing. Our packaging bears the CSA Celiac approved gluten-free symbol. LÄRABAR is gluten, dairy, soy and corn free. LÄRABAR is also peanut free and produced in a peanut-free facility. However, we cannot guarantee that our ingredients have not come in contact with peanuts prior to reaching our manufacturing facility.”
- Aunt Candice Protein Bars – soft, dense, moist and chewy
- “Our products are gluten and casein free and also soy, corn, peanut and yeast free.”
- Oskri Organics Sesame Bars – crunchy and sweet, almost like candy, with either date syrup or molasses
- “Our Sesame Bars are absolutely gluten free.”
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Crispy Rice Bars – light and crispy
- “May contain traces of peanuts, tree nuts, soy, or dairy ingredients.” Be aware that each flavor actually contains some of these allergens, not just traces, so read the labels thoroughly.
- NoNuttin’ Granola Bars – yes, that’s right, a real granola bar – with gluten-free oats!
- Read their allergen declaration.
- Gorge Delights Pear Bars – all fruit
- “wheat, dairy, nut & gluten free”
- Glutino Breakfast Bars – cereal crust on the outside and chewy fruit filling
- “May Contain: Traces of peanuts, tree nuts and soy.”
- Enjoy Life Snack Bars – dense and chewy
- “no gluten, no wheat, no dairy, no peanuts, no tree nuts, no egg, no soy, no fish, no shellfish, no casein, no potato, no sesame, no sulfites, made with care in a dedicated nut- and gluten-free bakery.”
Is there a bar that is free of common allergens that you would recommend to others? Post your comments here.