Chicago restaurant creates allergy-free dinner seriesPosted on March 20th, 2008 by Alison 1 Comment »
This is so cool…
The chef at a Chicago restaurant, himself a father of children with food allergies, has created four special nights in 2008 for diners with food allergies.
- Restaurant: Bistro 110
- Chef: Dominique Tougne
- Cuisine: French American oven cuisine
- Address: 110 East Pearson St., Chicago, Illinois
- Phone: 312-266-3110
Allergy-Free Dinner Schedule:
- March 24 — nut-free menu (featuring nut-free sole fillet “almandine” and faux peanut butter and mousse parfait)
- May 12 — gluten-free menu (featuring dough-less “quiche lorraine” and gluten-free tagliatelle with ragout of mussel, clam, shrimp and tarragon)
- September 29 — dairy-free menu (featuring cream-free “cream of lentil” soup and roasted chicken breast with corn flan)
- November 17 — shellfish-free menu (featuring shellfish-free seafood soup and an uncannily lobster-esque monkfish ragout)
If you live in Chicago – enjoy! If not, this is a start — suggest the idea to a restaurant near you!