Living with Food Allergies CarnivalPosted on April 30th, 2009 by Alison 2 Comments »
Welcome to the April 30, 2009 edition of living with food allergies carnival! For readers who don’t know what a blog carnival is, think of it like a magazine of articles that gets published on a schedule. Every two weeks, bloggers submit an article related to food allergy to be published by the host blogger. We hope that we can all learn from each other and introduce our readers to other food allergy sites out there.
Here are the articles submitted for this edition, organized by general subject:
COOKING & BAKING
- Elaine at Lipstickdaily presents Guilt Free Eggs posted at lipstickdaily.com, saying, “BFF’s Kate and Elaine’s thoughts on egg free baking.”
- Alison at Sure Foods Living presents Pamela’s Gluten-Free Cornbread & Muffin Mix Review posted at Sure Foods Living.
- Alisa presents Sinful Cinnamon-Apple Sauté (Breakfast or Dessert?) posted at One Frugal Foodie, saying, “Delicious, nutritious, and oh so easy … what more could you want?”
- Alisa presents Shortcuts: Baking Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Brownies from a Mix posted at Go Dairy Free.
- Ruth Smith presents Food Allergy Twitter Party May 15 posted at Best Allergy Sites, saying, “Join us for a Twitter Party and Celebrate Food Allergy Awareness Week!”
EMOTIONS & ADVICE
- Vivian Mahoney presents A Conundrum of Sorts: Food Allergies and Birthday Parties posted at HipWriterMama.
- Jennifer Kales presents Field Trips and Food Allergies–What’s the Story? posted at The Nut-Free Mom, saying, “I got some field trip with FA insights after chaperoning two of the 3rd grade trips this year. This article shares some tips, advice and solidarity for all the Field Trip Moms (willing and unwilling) out there.”
- Jennifer Kales presents “Just Tell Your Teacher It’s Soybutter” posted at The Nut-Free Mom, saying, “A TV show with a very “tasteless” joke about peanut allergies stirred up a lot of controversy for us nut-free parents. Here’s my take on it.”
- Alison at Sure Foods Living presents The G-Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck – A Review posted at Sure Foods Living.
- Alisa presents Special Gifts and Homemade Treats for a [MIlk-Free] Mother’s Day to Remember posted at Go Dairy Free.
- Jennifer B presents Should Allertherapy be Marketed as a Homeopathic Medical Treatment for Food Allergies? posted at Food Allergy Buzz.
GENERAL FOOD ALLERGY INFO
- Alison at Sure Foods Living presents Food allergy treatment update… and a thank you posted at Sure Foods Living.
- Food Allergy Assistant presents Friday Feature: Raising Food Allergic Kids.org posted at Food Allergy Assistant, saying, “I’ve been running Friday Features where I interview people who are active within the online food allergy community. Drop me a note if you want to be featured.”
That concludes this edition! Thank you to everyone who submitted their articles! Submit your blog article to the next edition of living with food allergies carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.