A few years ago, gluten-free pizza was nowhere to be found, but now many pizza restaurants are catering to the needs of those with celiac disease and gluten intolerance. While there still isn’t much variety in the actual crust that the pizza places are using, at least there are a variety of places to go and get it!
Below are the names of restaurants that offer gluten-free pizza, the gluten-free crust they use (if I know), their location in California, and other products of interest they serve. Please let me know if there is another to add to the list, and please call the restaurant first and make sure they have gluten-free pizza available when you are going to be there.
Restaurants that offer gluten-free pizza in California:
- Ambrosia Pizza (Kinnikinnick crust) — Kentfield
- Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria (Still Riding Crust) – 12 locations in the Bay Area. Pamela’s gluten-free cheesecake and Redbridge beer on the menu. They also have Daiya dairy-free cheese available.
- Bobby G’s Pizzeria (Mariposa Baking Company) – Berkeley
- Boston’s Gourmet Pizza — Rancho Cucamonga, Long Beach, Encinitas
- BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse (Still Riding Crust) – 51 locations in California. “All BJ’s Classic Toppings listed are gluten-free with the exception of meatballs.” And they serve GF beer!
- Brick Oven Pizzeria — Poway
- D’Amores Famous Pizza (The Sensitive Baker crust) — Malibu, Westwood Village, West Los Angeles, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Tarzana, Canoga Park. Also GF breadsticks, focaccia, and vegan cheese available.
- Deano’s Gourmet Pizza — Los Angeles. They also have vegan cheese available.
- DeVino’s Pizza and Pasta (Mariposa Baking Co crust) – Pleasant Hill
- Doughboy’s Pizzeria (own crust) — Grover Beach
- Eagle Pizzeria (Still Riding Crust) – San Francisco
- Extreme Pizza (Still Riding Crust) – 28 locations in California, with more coming. Check individual location for GF pizza.
- Filippi’s Pizza Grotto – 13 locations in California. Check individual location for GF pizza.
- Fitness Pizza and Grill — Yorba Linda
- Fresh Brothers — Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Marina del Rey, Thousand Oaks, Calabasas. They also have Daiya dairy-free cheese available.
- Garlic Jim’s – southern California. Check individual location for GF pizza.
- Jackson’s Bar and Oven – Santa Rosa
- Left Coast Pizza — Chico
- Leucadia Pizza — Encinitas, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe. Also has GF pasta.
- Lucifer’s Pizza — Los Angeles. Vegan cheese available.
- Mariposa Baking Company (own crust) — Oakland
- Mary’s Pizza Shack (Still Riding Crust) – 10 locations in Sonoma County, plus others northern California.
- Napoli Pizza and Pasta — San Rafael
- Original Pizza — Costa Mesa
- Pennini’s (Mariposa Baking Co crust) – Moraga
- Pizza Fusion (Still Riding Crust) – Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Monica, Temecula. Also have a gluten-free vegan brownie on the menu.
- Pizza Guru — Santa Barbara
- Pizza Pirate — Benicia
- Pizza Rustica — Oakland
- Red Brick Pizza — San Mateo
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza (Toovaloo crust) – 12 locations in the San Diego area. Also have an ice cream sundae and Redbridge beer on the menu.
- Sorrento Italian Restaurant (Still Riding Crust) – Walnut Creek
- Steve’s Pizza (Still Riding crust) – Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Woodland, El Dorado Hills, Elk Grove, Fair Oaks, Davis.
- Uno Pizzeria — Antioch, Modesto, San Diego
- Willow Street Pizza (French Meadow crust) — Los Gatos, San Jose. Also have GF pasta.
- Woodlands Cafe — Kentfield
- Zachary’s Pizza (Still Riding crust) — Oakland, Berkeley, San Ramon
- ZPizza (DeIorio’s crust) — 9 locations in northern California, 39 in southern California, but not all locations have the GF crust.
Because so many places are using Still Riding pizza crust, here are the ingredients in case you have other sensitivities: Bean flour, rice flour, tapioca flour and starch, xanthan gum, salt, yeast, egg, cider vinegar, sugar, canola oil, calcium propionate.
Stay tuned for another post on store-bought pizza and making your own pizza!