Here is your 2015 Halloween Candy Ingredient Guide for people with celiac, gluten intolerance, or food allergies! As I do every year, I’ve personally scoured labels to update ingredient changes and allergen statements, and gathered current manufacturers statements by web and phone. Each candy shows if the ingredients contain wheat/gluten, milk (represents all dairy), soy, egg, tree nuts, or peanuts (6 of the top 8 allergens — fish and shellfish are not included since I have not found this to be a concern with candy). I included coconut where I saw it on a label (although not technically a tree nut.)
Note for consumers of candy: Please, as always, double check ingredients and also check with the child’s parents before giving them any candy or allowing them to eat anything! I will not be held liable for any accident occurring due to the use of this list. It is meant as a guide only.
Note for bloggers/organizations/media: Please do not reprint this list without my permission. Linking to it, however, is just fine and dandy! Printing is encouraged for personal use or for schools, etc. I appreciate your consideration of my work.
Have a specific allergen? Check out these:
Gluten-Free Halloween Candy Quick List 2014
Allergen-Free Halloween Candy Quick List 2014
Natural and Organic Halloween Candy List 2014 (coming soon)
To print this list, click on the Print icon above the title. (If you don’t see the print icon, click on the title of the article first.)
List is organized by company, with candy names below:
AIRHEADS (parent company: Perfetti Van Melle headquartered in Italy and Netherlands)
- Airheads Bars, Mini-Bars, Big Bars
- Ingredients free of: peanuts, tree nuts, egg, milk, wheat/gluten
- Ingredients contain: soybean oil
- Package statement: “Manufactured in a facility that processes wheat flour” “Made in a facility that does not process nuts.”
- Airheads Xtremes
- Ingredients free of: peanuts, tree nuts, egg, milk
- Ingredients contain: wheat flour, soybean oil
- Airheads Bites
- Ingredients free of: peanuts, tree nuts, egg, milk, wheat/gluten, soy
- Ingredients contain: coconut oil
- Airheads Xtremes Bites
- Ingredients free of: peanuts, tree nuts, egg, milk, soy
- Ingredients contain: wheat/gluten (glucose syrup)
- Package statement: “Contains wheat ingredients.”
Gluten-Free info (via web Sept 2015): Airheads do not contain gluten; however, they are processed in a facility that uses wheat flour in other items, so Perfetti Van Melle [the parent company] does not claim that Airheads Bars are gluten free.
Allergen info (via web Sept 2015): Airheads do not contain peanuts, tree nuts, pine nuts, sesame, eggs or dairy; however, since it would not be typical for these items to be found in our products, we perform no specific test for them. Please keep in mind that due to the fact that most of the ingredients are agricultural products and could be processed on equipment that may also handle products containing these items, we cannot make the claim that our products are free of said items.