Gluten-free allergen-free gingerbread housesPosted on December 10th, 2009 by Alison Read 2 Comments - Add Your Own »
You don’t have to miss out on making or eating a gingerbread house just because you are gluten-free or have food allergies. Gluten-free allergen-free gingerbread houses can be done! Here are some ideas:
- Make the one I made last year, using Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix: Allergen-free gingerbread house
- Order a gluten-free, allergen-free gingerbread house KIT from A&J Bakery! The Allergen Friendly Gingerbread House Kit is peanut, tree nut, wheat, gluten, soy, egg, dairy, and sesame free. The are all made in a dedicated nut and gluten free facility. The cost for the kit, which includes the gingerbread house pieces, candy and some non-edible decorations is $30 and can be ordered online. Or call them in Cranston, Rhode Island, at (401)228-8696.
- Order mixes from Jules Gluten-Free, who is offering a holiday special that includes a recipe for a gingerbread house.
- Follow the recipe for a gluten-free gingerbread house from Jenn Cuisine – it looks great!
- If your child has egg allergy, use a recipe for allergen-free gingerbread house frosting.
If anyone has more ideas, please comment!