30 Days to a Food RevolutionPosted on April 27th, 2010 by Alison No Comments »
I hope that many of you got a chance to watch Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. I found the T.V. series so inspiring, and like Jamie (otherwise known as the Naked Chef for his use of honest, real food) said: “Yes, this is a T.V. show, but it’s real life.”
He succeeded in making change in the school lunch program in a town chosen for its high rate of obesity. His mission — OUR mission — is so important: feed our kids well so that they can live healthy lives. Of course, there needs to be change not only in our lunch programs, but throughout our society. This change won’t come about easily, as we need education, dedication, motivation and of course, money. But it CAN be done and we need to try.
Many bloggers (including me!) are hoping to make a small difference by sharing tips and recipes for cooking real food in 30 Days to a Food Revolution, an online event dreamed up and organized by Diane of The W.H.O.L.E. Gang.
For 30 days, there will be 30 different food bloggers sharing 30 different ways to eat real food.
Less processed food, more real food is the goal! Most of us are living gluten-free or with other special diets, so hopefully you will find a wealth of good stuff to use in your own kitchens, and discover new blogs too.
I will be contributing my tip and recipe on May 4. In the meantime, you can follow these participating blogs:
- gluten free easily – Day 1
- The Spunky Coconut – Day 2
- I Am Gluten Free – Day 3
- The Gluten Free Homemaker – Day 4
- Delectably Free – Day 5
- Jenn Cuisine – Day 6
- Sure Foods Living – Day 7
- dinners & dreams — Day 8
- The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen — Day 9
- The Messy Chef – Day 10
- One Frugal Foodie — Day 11
- Celiac Teen – Day 12
- Gluten Free For Good – Day 13
- Gluten Free Vegan Family – Day 14
- Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried – Day 15
- Simply Gluten-Free – Day 16
- Lexie’s Kitchen – Day 17
- Food Blogga – Day 18
- What’s Cooking Blog – Day 19
- Cook 4 Seasons – Day 20
- Gluten Free Gidget – Day 21
- Gluten Free Fitness – Day 22
- Tasty Eats at Home – Day 23
- Gluten Free Doctor Recipes – Day 24
- Ginger Lemon Girl – Day 25
- Simply Sugar and Gluten Free – Day 26
- The Daily Dietribe – Day 27
- Celiac Family – Day 28
- Andrea’s Recipes – Day 29
- London Foodie in NY & Sweet by Half – Day 30
There are also prizes to win! Go to the 30 Days to a Food Revolution page to see the details about how to enter.